Last Updated: Jul 19, 2016 Views: 517
There is an article _by_ Maas in the Autumn 1965 Stained Glass magazine on glass in Puerto Rico. [English] You may also want to look at an essay in the book, Glas in lood in Nederland, 1817-1968, p285 by A. Kruip. [Dutch]
That essay cites another essay: 'Rondom een "heerlijk ceremonieel" in: F. Kuyvenhoven en B. Treffers, Nader beschouwd, een serie kunsthistorische opstellen aangeboden aan Pieter Singelenberg, Mijmegen 1986, pp. 187-207. [Dutch]
You've probably seen the Stained Glass Association website which mentions Maas, but just in case you haven't: http://www.stainedglass.org/html/SGAAhistorySG.htm (use Find command to look for Maas' name.)
It appears there is an entry for him in the following publication: Beeldend Nederland : biografisch handboek / P.M.J. Jacobs. - Tilburg : Jacobs, 1993. - 2 dl. ISBN 90-801063-1-3 [I'm guessing this is in Dutch as well!]
"New Work in Stained Glass: A symposium" Stained Glass vol. 49 (Spring 1954) 17-26. This has an image of a work by Maas that appeared in an exhibit at the Cincinnati Art Museum. (I can send you a copy of this article)
Book Review of Jovita's book: Stained Glass Summer 1987 p145-148. (has several images of Maas works) ---can send you a copy of this one as well
Nov. 1952 article by Maas in Liturgical Arts on the Sanctuary of Blessed Martin do Porres at Bayview Puerto Rico (can send you a copy)
Feb. 1948 article about Maas in Liturgical Arts "Story of a priest craftsman" pp 53-4. (we don't own this volume, so you'll have to find this through your local library.)
I did find that the exhibition New Work in Stained Glass appeared at CMOG in 1954, although the Museum did not organize it.
- Arnaldo was my brothers God father in Puerto Rico , also was a good friend of the family . We have several of his paintings including one called Los musician .
- I would love to see pictures of his paintings! Would you share them? Thanks, Teresa
- Hi Peter
Can you send me photos of the paintings you have? Do you have paintings on glass or stainglass done by Maas? Please let me know.
- Here are some pictures of the paintings we have. Arnold and Jovita Maas were friends of my in laws.
- Where can I have some copies of the magazines and pictures from Maas artwork.
- My mother has a painting of The Last Supper by Maas commissioned by my father. I believe Peter Luypen was my childhood friend in Puerto Rico so our families were part of the same circle somehow in the sixties.
- Hi David Wise. I'm Peter Luypen and I would love to talk to you about growing up in Puerto Rico. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.