Last Updated: Nov 22, 2016     Views: 581

I will attach a bibliography about Vitrolite and Carrara to this response. I do not know where you could purchase it, since this "pigmented structural glass", the general term, is probably no longer made. However, I suggest that you do some searching on the Internet, to see if anyone has supplies of it for sale. 

Our library participates in interlibrary loan: for your question, we can microfiche of trade catalogs and offer photocopies of articles. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. 

Comments (2)

  1. Any Vitrolite or Carrara glass you find will be "hit or miss" from those who salvage. One person who has the most is the Vitrolite Specialist ( That may be a good place to start. Also, the National Park Service has a brief (and outdated) history on the glass here:
    by Becky on Jul 16, 2013.
  2. You could also try
    This decorative glass company sells black Carrara type glass again.
    by Erik on Aug 02, 2013.

Contact Us

Ask a Glass Question
Provide Your Contact Information
Fields marked with * are required.