Last Updated: Jul 19, 2016     Views: 47

Thank you for contacting us with your question. I have consulted our print materials on kilns and molds and have been unable to locate an answer to your question regarding mold melt and water content. You may find it helpful to contact the Scholes Library at Alfred University, they specialize in glass engineering and science and may be better equiped to respond.

Regarding funding for your research, the only funding for glass research I am aware of is the Rakow Grant for Glass Research (

Best regards,