Last Updated: Nov 22, 2016     Views: 58

I think you should contact a glass conservator, who can best advise you as to what kinds of repairs/restorations would be most advisable. You can identify a glass conservator through the American Institute for Conservation's homepage at  You can search by type of object and geographic location, although you may be able to just e-mail a conservator to get an idea of what is practical without taking your mirror in personally.

You may also want see if your local library has a subscription Maloney's Resource Directory for Antiques & Collectibles. There you can find lists of antique dealers, conservators, collectors, and museums which specialize in the type of object you are interested in.  There are lists in Maloney's of conservators for antique mirrors. 

Let me know if you have further questions!



Related Topics

Contact Us

Ask a Glass Question
Provide Your Contact Information
Fields marked with * are required.