Last Updated: Sep 30, 2016     Views: 11

We don't have an official style guide.  Our editor of CMOG publications typically uses the term kiln-formed, going with the somewhat broader term than fused. Our catalogers use the term kiln-formed exclusively rather than "warm glass", although searching the other terms will yield results in our catalog when the term comes up in chapter headings or book titles.  "Glass fusing" is another term our catalogers use to refer to materials specifically related to fusing rather than to other kiln-formed processes, such as slumping or casting.

Our curatorial department uses the terms kiln-formed and fused both, but not warm glass.

I hope this helps!


Related Topics