Last Updated: Jun 28, 2018 Views: 30
Great questions! First, you’re welcome to come anytime we’re open and the librarian at the reference desk can give you a good overview of what we have in the collection. We are open to the public seven days a week from 9:00 AM to 5 PM. Admission to the Library is free.
As for getting the most out of your visit, here are a few recommendations:
- You’re always welcome to send topics or questions (broad or specific) our way, and we can help you find a place to start. We have a large collection of bibliographies that list what’s in the library for a particular topic, and we’re happy to send you as many as you’d like before you arrive so you can highlight items that you are most interested in seeing while you are here. We also have a few online research guides that you can take a look at.
- We can pull a list of books, videos, articles, etc., ahead of time for you so you can maximize your time at the library. We offer free photocopying, printing, and scanning, so you can copy some things for later review if you run out of time.
- If you’re interested in watching any of our videos, I would recommend prioritizing those. We can’t loan them out – even outside the building – so you might want to watch them first.
- Don’t worry if you can’t get to everything while you’re here! While we don’t check out books like a public or university library, we do participate in a world-wide service called Interlibrary Loan. What that means is if you’re interested in a book or an article at our library, you can put in a request at your local library. They will send a call out to libraries around the world, and if we have a second copy of that book or can scan that article, we will send it to your library for you to use. That way you can still use some of our materials even if you’re not in Corning.
- We’re always happy to answer questions or help you find what you’re looking for, whether you’re here at The Corning Museum of Glass or back at home. Don’t hesitate to call or email us!
We look forward to your visit!