Last Updated: May 29, 2020 Views: 125
Hello! Thank you for your question! We have several suggestions for you, some of which are online!
Online Museum Resources
You'll find information on Tiffany Studios on our research guide on Tiffany's Glass Mosaics.
Below are additional resources on the Museum's website:
- Louis C. Tiffany & Tiffany Studios
- The Righteous Shall Receive a Crown of Glory
- Conservation of a Louis Comfort Tiffany Stained Glass Window
Other Online Resources
You will definitely want to take a look at the online resources at The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, which boasts the world's most comprehensive collection of Tiffany glass.
You'll also want to take a look at the entry in The Met's Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History on Louis Comfort Tiffany.
Below are a few books that may help you better understand Louis Comfort Tiffany as a stained glass designer.
- Cooke, Colin. The Lamps of Louis Comfort Tiffany. London: Thames & Hudson, 2005.
- Couldrey, Vivienne. The Art of Louis Comfort Tiffany. London: Bloomsbury, 1989.
- Duncan, Alastair. Louis Comfort Tiffany. New York: H.N. Abrams in association with the National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, c1992.
- Duncan, Alastair. Tiffany Windows. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1980.
- Eidelberg, Martin, and Nancy A. McClelland, eds. Behind the Scenes of Tiffany Glassmaking: The Nash Notebooks: Including Tiffany Favrile Glass. New York: St. Martin's Press, 2001.
- Eternal Light: The Sacred Stained-Glass Windows of Louis Comfort Tiffany. Chicago: The Richard H. Driehaus Museum in association with D. Giles Limited, Minneapolis, MN: Consortium Book Sales & Distribution, 2019.
- Feldstein, William. The Lamps of Tiffany Studios. New York: H.N. Abrams, 1983.
- Frelinghuysen, Alice Cooney. Louis Comfort Tiffany at the Metropolitan Museum. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1998.
- Koch, Robert C. Collected Works of Robert Koch. Atglen, PA: Schiffer, 2001.
- Warmus, William. The Essential Louis Comfort Tiffany. New York: Harry N. Abrams, 2000.
You may also be interested in searching our library catalog to find additional resources.
Borrowing Library Materials
If you wish to borrow copies of library items, please contact your local library. The Rakow Research Library will lend designated books from its collection and will send copies of articles requested by other libraries. Your library can request items through the OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan (ILL) system or by direct request through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please see our ILL policies and procedures.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with glass-related questions in the future!